We just had a FUN WEEKEND!! Baylor celebrated it's 100th Homecoming with lots of traditional festivities! The Friday of Homecoming working at Baylor is one of the MOST unproductive/BEST days on the job. It was awesome to see old Baylor friends and former students! Bryce was able to go to the bonfire and we had a blast!! The parade was super long and AWESOME! I was happy to be there to cheer on Freshman Class Council (the organization I advise) as they carried the GIANT bear in the parade. I pulled the "I'm due in six weeks" card and did not get up at 4am with them this year--maybe next year....and Fallin can come, too. I made it to the game AND Pigskin. It was was long, FUN day--but I had some KILLER cankles. I looked like a hot mess--I totally overdid it...but it was so worth it! Check out these pics from HC (I need to be better about taking photos...I ripped these from FB).

Craig has a Homecoming tradition--it's called "eating lunch with NSP" on HC Friday and taking a traditional "guns up" photo. Our buddy at Texas Tech, Jon Mark, always gets this photo the Monday after Homecoming. Love this tradish.

Becky, Caroline, and I are LOVIN' the parade! Don't we look spirited in our green and gold?!?!
Bryce and I had our second childbirth class this week and we got a TOUR of the hospital. It was great--we got to see where it's all going to go down in Labor/Delivery and where we will go after that (Mother/Baby). The new Hillcrest is SUPER NICE--I'm excited to deliver there! We got to watch another fun video and laughed practicing our breathing. Our teacher nurse said we should be "over" the giggles--but, clearly, we weren't. Hopefully we can get it together when the real deal happens!!
We visited with a Pediatrician today and really liked her--sealed the deal on that one! She was super nice, we got a good vibe--all good things! I love living in a small town because we know some of the same people...it makes you feel good. She gave us this HUGE book to read so we know what to expect from little Fal from birth to year 5. It's huge. I have some reading to do!
We also FINALLY got Fallin's mattress!! Clearly, we had to put the bed together immediately. I took the photo below with my phone, so it's a little sketchy....but you get the idea! We love it!! Now we are just waiting on the chair, letters for her wall...curtains, lamps, and other accessories. We are getting there!
I have a Halloween Party tomorrow...I think I'll go as a pumpkin. Wear an orange shirt and put a jack-o-lantern smile on my belly. The college kids will love that one...we will see how it turns out!
Six more weeks until she's here...crazy!

No comments:
Post a Comment