Well--I already kinda stink at this blog thing--a few weeks later...I'm finally posting something! Bryce and I have been busy these past few weekends getting Fallin's room ready!! It's not there yet...but we are getting closer. Last weekend, our friends, Matt and Holly Burchett, threw us a super fun shower at their house! We had Waco friends, Dallas friends, Austin friends, babies, boys--it was fun! I was awkward as usual, but we had a blast! Check out these silly pics.

Bryce's oldest sister, Brittany, is pregnant and due two weeks after we are!! Fallin will have a FUN girl cousin, Ashlyn, to play with!! We are excited for Brittany, Steven, and Preston! More babies=more fun. You can also see here the tallest girl Sandvall (me) next to the shortest girl Sandvall (Brittany)!

"A blanket!!!!!" Gahhh, I'm so awkward.

Here is the cool cake!!!!! Matt and Holly's cake lady neighbor made it--she's so good! And it tasted good, too!
We are so thankful to all those who came and showered Fallin with gifts! We spent the weekend assembling things and organizing her closet to make room for all of her new loot! As I was folding some of her cute clothes I thought... "These are like doll clothes. Wait...this is not going to be a DOLL...it's going to be a little baby...a real one. Crazy." AH. So cool. Anyways, we had fun!
SO.....As I mentioned, we've been trying to get Fallin's room ready. We got her bedding, ordered a cool, super comfy glider chair thing (thanks mom), ordered some custom painted letters for her wall, and bought paint! Now we just need the painter to come fix her up! I'm super excited about her bedding--it's green damask (with just a little pink). Check it out!
We've also been taking some classes at the hospital to get ready to have a little baby around. We took infant CPR (hope we don't have to use that) and I took a breast feeding class. I could not WAIT for the breast feeding class--I was kind of nervous. I didn't know--did we have to get a boob out for class? Awkward. I was hoping I would be mature about this--and I was. I would have been up a creek if I knew someone in the room--my internal dialogue was cracking me up and I had no one to share it with in the moment. AHHH...oh well.
The best part of the class was the ONE dad in there that the nurse lady CALLED OUT for being there. She asked all the "mommies" to raise their hand if they were uncomfortable about a "daddy" being in the room--"daddies" don't normally come to the breast feeding class. BAH...she was talking like that!! Of course, NO ONE raised their hand. Poor guy. OH...and we had to watch these super videos on BF circa 1980. I'm impressed by the amount of HUGE accessories and hairspray these women managed right after birth--wow. Big ole necklaces and earrings with the perfect BIG bangs--ready to breast feed. That was yet another moment I looked around the room wondering who else thought this was funny...no one...just me! It made for a good story!
This next week is Homecoming, so it's going to be a busy one!!! Hopefully I can keep up with this blog thing! We start childbirth class this week--more stories to come!

Congratulations Emily! You're such a cute pregnant lady.
ReplyDeleteAhhh breastfeeding class... good mems! Justin came with me... and surprisingly there were 3 or 4 others... hilarious!! Lots of boobs!! I wish I was there with you... that way the internal dialogue could have escaped and filled the room with laughter!! It is good to have a sense of humor through this whole process... makes it all easier!! See you this weekend!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteOh and you were NOT awkward... you were adorable!!
ReplyDelete