Monday, February 15, 2010

Social Butterfly

We had SUCH a fun weekend with our friends!  I'm getting Fallin ready for her future social life by taking getting her out and about EARLY!

Our weekend started early with a fun lunch with our friend Brooke and Fallin's future playmate, Madelyn.  Madelyn should be making her debut this week sometime...hopefully for Brooke!  While Fallin slept at Food for Thought, I gave Brooke a last minute labor and delivery pep-talk.  A few of the highlights included...
  1. If the doctor says he/she is going to give you a "uterus massage," do not think you are getting a nice and relaxing rub post-delivery.  This actually feels like someone is punching you in the stomach.  Awesome.  A great heads-up that I didn't get!
  2. "Don't be the hero."  My anesthesiologist told me this two hours after I got to the hospital.  Just get the epidural and rest--you got another thing coming!
  3. Your nipples will feel like someone is rubbing sandpaper on them in a few short days.  Prepare with all the Medela gear you can get your hands on.  Lanolin is like carmex for your nips.  Invest!
I can't wait for Madelyn to be here!  Brooke, you are going to DO GREAT!

Saturday was a FUN and busy pre-Valentine's Day!  Fallin and I visited Dad at the Baylor vs Missouri game.  We sat with Paige and Austin for a bit...but Fallin wasn't having it.  She was hungry and didn't care too much about the game.  We sat in his office and she chowed down...but the bears still won!  She is a good luck charm!

After that we had our second annual Valentine's Day dinner with our Waco/Dallas friends!!!  We had such a blast last year, that we decided we had to do it again.  This year we had one kid there and one kid in a tummy...how many will we have next year?!?!?  Time will only tell...


Valentine's Day was SUPER FUN!  Katie, Justin, and Caden came over to visit!!  It was SO FUN to see them!  Caden is growing up...such a big boy!  I remember holding him when he was just a little baby like Fallin!  It was great to visit with Justin and Katie and fun to see what we have to look forward to as Caden ran all around the house!  We can't wait to have them come back over and play!


It's kind of crazy to see Katie and I with babies in our hands.  I knew Katie and Justin in HIGH SCHOOL.  I still get weird-ed out that we are all married...and now we have KIDS.  TIME FLIES.

Our Valentine's night ended with Fallin's weekly bath!  Bryce got Fallin the cutest elephant towel for Valentine's Day!!  She's liking the bath...she always makes the craziest faces!


Oh...and we had an impromptu photo shoot before the Cox Family came over.  Fallin was workin' it with her new outfit on.  What a CUTIE!


HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!

1 comment:

  1. MAN! Y'all had a VERY busy weekend! Fallin is a social butterfly, just like her Mommy and Daddy! It is SUPER weird to think aboutour transition from our days at FBC Plano to our time on the couch with our kiddos! Oh man! Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete