Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow and Sick-y

Today it SNOWED in Waco...three inches!  So crazy!  Baylor closed at 2pm, so Bryce got to come home and spend the afternoon with his girls!!  I am SO glad that he was able to come home-Fallin has been coughing up a storm since Friday.  I first noticed a congested cough on Friday morning and called the doctor.  The nurse told me to suction her nose and have her sleep with a humidifier.  Friday night was NOT a good night.  Bryce, Fallin, and I did NOT sleep very much.  Her cough was keeping her awake...luckily she didn't have a fever.  We decided to take little Fallin to the doctor on Saturday morning to see if there was something else we could do to help her feel better.  It was totally worth the money to go to the doctor to make sure she was okay after such a rough night.

We loaded up (with Aunt Becky in tow) and headed to the doctor.  The best part of being at the doctor that morning was the nurse asking who we all were... mom, dad, and the ffff...AUNT.  She's Fallin's AUNT...but it came out FANT when she said it.  Hilarious.  The doctor checked her out and said she was fine...just a pesky cough...continue with the humidifier and suctioning of her nose.  At least it's not serious!  

We spent Sunday and today dealing with the cough and congestion.  I think it's getting a little better!  We keep saying our prayers that she will feel better soon...poor little girl!  You can tell she doesn't feel great...not sleeping, less cooing, etc.  Hopefully things are looking up!

This week is my last week on maternity leave!  I can't believe this time has passed so quickly!  Back to work (from home) on Monday for a week...then half days the next week...then I'm on the next week!  It will be bittersweet to leave my little girl, but good to see my Baylor family and get back in a routine!

In other weekend news, Becky and I went to Sing!  We thoroughly enjoyed the show and REALLY enjoyed the score sheet in this year's program.  Based on my scores, here's who I have going to Pigskin...

DDD
PhiChi
ChiO
KOT
KSig
Sing Alliance
ATO
AXO

It was fun to get out and play with Becky!!  We had a blast judging the groups and comparing out notes!!  I did, however, learn how long I can go without feeding Fallin/pumping.  I cannot go the length of Sing.  I left that evening with a WET front...luckily I was wearing a black sweater over my gray shirt.  That would have been EMBARRASSING.  I have so much to learn...

Hopefully the little chica will be well for our next post!!  Stay WARM!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha! I don't mean to laugh AT you but I can't help it! You poor thing with a wet shirt! That is the worst! I remember the first time I thought it would be safe to sleep without a bra, Caden was like 6-7 months old... had to change the sheets! oops!! It was gross! Oh the things we do as mommies! :) I am so sorry to hear Fallin is sick... that is the hardest thing ever! Especially when there isn't too much you can do but give her some extra lovin'! I'm glad it isn't serious too! Hang in there Momma... she'll be better soon!!

    ReplyDelete