WELL.. I never made it to that induction date! Fallin decided to come a DAY before her due date--December 7th! I was sitting on the couch sending an email to my dad with directions to the hospital for Wednesday when I felt a little "gush." My water broke...what?!? It wasn't a huge pool or tidal wave like they make it out to be in the movies...I was so glad I didn't make a mess of the place! After a shower, finishing the laundry, sending a few emails, and packing the hospital bag, Bryce and I were off to have baby Fallin!!
I labored for about 18 hours. We checked in to the hospital around 4:00pm on Sunday. I got the epidural at about midnight--took a few naps and wondered...HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE! I was glad I wasn't in pain!! In the early morning (around 6), my butt started to hurt. After that epidural button stopped working, we called the nurse to get some more meds!! They wouldn't give me anymore until the doctor checked my progress...when my doctor came in at about 7, he said...YOU ARE READY TO PUSH! No wonder my butt hurt! 20 minutes later...out came Fallin! Healthy as a clam!
Fallin arrived at 8:07am on December 7th! She was 8 pounds, 1 ounce and 21 inches long! She is a cutie! Here's her first picture in the world!

Just six short (or long) six weeks later, she is doing this!!!
Crazy--how CUTE IS SHE?!?!! We've had a fun, sleep deprived (now) SEVEN weeks with Fallin Kate! Hopefully I can find the time to tell more fun stories about my funny post-birth experience (the stuff that no one tells you about having a baby), Christmas, and other fun stories!
Right now...it's time for Fallin to eat...AGAIN! I'm going to have butt imprints on this couch of ours! Good thing breastfeeding burns a MILLION calories!
Until next time...hopefully it won't take me as long to create a new post!
She's so CUTE!!! I'm sure y'all are having a blast with her!
ReplyDeleteSweet Fallin... she is SUPER cute! Cutest little girl I've seen... I don't know about you! :) hehe! I can't wait to hear your stories that NO one ever shares... hahahaha! And I hear ya on the butt print... between the month off I had before Caden came and the HOURS of breastfeeding I did on our couch it will NEVER be the same... :) Love y'all!!
ReplyDeleteShes beautiful!! Yes, i do believe our parents have been swapping grandparent stories! They're too funny! :) Hey, were you at the Baylor/Kansas St game last night? I swear I saw you and baby Fallin on tv, but maybe I'm crazy! :) Lack of sleep might do that to a person! :) haha...
ReplyDelete