Monday, October 25, 2010

HOMECOMING and other adventures this weekend!

Homecoming.

It's one of my MOST favorite "holidays" ever. It's so fun to feel the energy on campus the week of Homecoming...it's fun to see alums come back and reminisce about old times...It's fun for ME to reminisce about old times! Per usual, it was a great weekend!

Bryce and I headed up to the bonfire after Fallin went to bed. Bryce's parents, Sister/Brother-in-law, and their kids all stayed with us. His parents stayed at our house so that we could all go enjoy the Friday night HC festivities! Bonfire was awesome...it almost burned people, but it's all good! It was fun to run in to old friends!

Saturday morning, Bryce got up EARLY EARLY to head to the stadium. Fallin and I hung out with family, she played with her cousins, and then we headed to campus for the parade. Flying solo during the parade was INTERESTING...difficult, cool, fun...a mixture of emotions. We had to walk a MILE to get to our watch spot--once we got there, it was great! Fallin is in the midst of stranger anxiety (big time), so every time I handed her over to someone new, she freaked out. And by "new," I mean someone she doesn't see every day. Her everyday people are me, Bryce, her teachers at school, and maybe our neighbors...that's it. Despite the strangers (ha), we had a good time!

I SUCKED at taking pictures. I had TOO much going on...stroller, toys, baby, baby bag, saying hi to people, fetching shoes that were kicked off...so, lame HC pictures. I need a buddy when Bryce isn't there. YIKES.

Here are some floats---post-parade!

Tri Delta and Pi Kapp did float together this year--TRAIN=Awesome!


Fallin spit up twice on her Baylor outfit (of course) and she had a super wet diap. We had to run down to my office for an outfit change--diaper change--and snack break. She's hanging out with Uncle Keane above.


Sleepy FAL. I put her back in the stroller for our LONG walk back to the car and she fell asleep. She didn't wake up until 3.5 hours LATER. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! She never naps like that...she was SLEEEEEPY. We missed the game :(--the nap and lightening delay contributed to that. We were supporting from home...GO BEARS!! We decided to head to Matt and Holly's house so Fallin could play with her new friend Beckett Rakes...he was AWESOME. Beckett loved to share his toys...great with babies...best toddler man ever. The night ended--BAYLOR IS BOWL BOUND--and Becky and I went to Pigskin. It was a great night!

Sunday morning, we took off and went to Allen for the CURE ALS golf tournament to support Paul T! My longtime friend's, Stacey, dad was diagnosed with ALS about a year ago. The Tavanos (and others) helped to put together this golf tournament to raise money to help find a cure for ALS. Bryce, Scotty B, Hunter, and Nick played (thanks for sponsoring, dad) and got LAST PLACE. They were great losers...I think they had a blast! Stacey and her team did such a great job organizing the tourney--can't wait until next year! The Sandvalls love PAUL T!

Here's the Baylor crew at the Tourney! It was so fun to hang out and visit--Fallin didn't last too long, but it was fun regardless!

This week is PACKED with Halloween FUN! Can't wait to post the pics of our little LADY BUG!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment