So...the last time I blogged was JANUARY. AWFUL. Life has been busy to say the least...perhaps I can wrap up the last 9 months in a series of statements and pics...and then pledge to be better! (I'm going to have to go back and look at my outlook calendar to remember what happened. LAME.)
JANUARY
Fallin looks so LITTLE in these pictures!! Fallin started WALKING like a champ after her first birthday - so we were on the go. I really can't remember anything notable in January...the title of the album that I got this photo from was "Lazy Day in January." I think that sums it up!
FEBRUARY
So - I can't remember if it snowed in JANUARY or FEBRUARY, but these pictures say FEB..so we will say that's when it happened! We had a snow day which was a FUN, unexpected day at home. Fallin was NOT crazy about the snow...but we had to go out and snap a few pics!
MARCH
In March, I took my first BIG trip away from home without Bryce and Fallin. I went to a conference in Philly - it was so fun to see friends I hadn't seen in a while, but BOY...was I ready to come home! At the end of March (we will just save the pic for April), we got some BIG, NEW NEWS!!! Here is a pic of our little CHEF!
APRIL
Almost to the DAY that we found out we were pregs with Fallin, we discovered another BUNDLE OF JOY on the way!!!!!!! We were/are so excited - then just a few weeks later morning sickness hit (per usual), but this time I WAS SICK AS A DOG for the first 17 weeks. Ummmmm...favorite.
MAY
In May, we took some a trip or two up to big D - this is when work starts to get crazy for me...the beginning, the pre-planning for the summer is almost worse than the actual program happening! Fallin is OBSESSED with the fish in my dad's back yard...she LOVES to feed them! Oh yeah, I turned 29...but we didn't do anything special b/c I puked all day. Pretty much sums up how I feel about turning 29!
JUNE
We squeezed in a trip to the lake for FATHER'S DAY which was super fun! We knew the next time that we could come back for more lake fun would be post-Line Camp. I also found out that I got a NEW JOB - exciting!! Starting in September, I will be the new Assistant Director for ECS Student Initiatives for the School of Engineering and Computer Science at Baylor. It will be a new, fun, and exciting challenge for me professionally - a bittersweet move to leave my NSP family, but I know it's time for a change! BUT FIRST - I had to make it through the summer...LINE CAMP!
JULY
Line Camp - Late nights. Husband of the year. Bryce and Fallin spent a LOT of time visiting NSP so that I could have some time with them! We ALL survived the BIGGEST Line Camp to date - over 1500 new students attended Line Camp...so exciting! It was a great month - lots of hard work, laughs with my NSP family, and celebrating when we finished! Here's a fun photo - props to Baylor Photography and Daniel Haddad's FB - I made sure all got credit. Can you tell I look tired...and I look like a tube? OH YES - and during the first week of Line Camp, we found out we are having another LITTLE GIRL! Parker Tate is on her way NOVEMBER 27th!

AUGUST
In August, Fallin BID farewell to a sweet friend, Madelyn Sanders!! The Sanders Fam moved to CO - we knew we had to get the little girls together for one last time before they moved. Now, we have a fantastic excuse to go to Colorado - we will have to work on those vacation plans. ALSO, Fallin started a NEW SCHOOL!! She is at Baylor's Piper Child Development Center...and we LOVE IT. The transition to a brand new place has been a little hard on the 'ole girl, but each day gets better and better. We love her teachers and new friends!
SEPTEMBER
This month - I took my first WEEK OFF from work...ever. I don't think I've had a break this long since a holiday break (and that doesn't really count). I wrapped up my job in NSP - and entered a relaxing week. That brings me to today - I'm still in my PJs doing laundry and relaxing. I think I'll get a mani/pedi today and check some other things off my life list - like get my watch battery changed and clean out my closet. Lame. Check out the fun we had at the LAKE over Labor Day (thanks to Dad, Kyle, Ally, Bryce, and Hunter dredging out the lake so that we could actually get the jet ski's out). Yes, that is Fallin and her Great Grandmother on a Jet Ski. Get it GM!
Those are the highlights - I'm sure I forgot somethings...it's been a CRAZY NINE MONTHS! Between a sick first trimester, a growing girl, changing jobs, a busy summer - I am doing good to remember this stuff. I think I had the same blogging break last year...summers are a doozy.
A few pledges and do to's for the next few....
- Be better at blogging
- Put my iphone pictures on the computer - that documents our life better than our big camera (let's be honest)
- Work on Fallin's baby book before I have to work on Parker's baby book.
- Work on Fallin's new big girl room and a nursery refresh for Parker!
...that's good for now. I don't want to out-do myself!!!!!! :)
Until next time! :)
LOVE this post... and oh my... I hope you were not feeling HORRIBLE at my shower... sweet thing... you shouldn't have come! that is NO FUN... 17 weeks... bless your heart!! Congrats on the new job and of course the new little one... I cannot wait to meet little Parker... I wonder if she'll be a carbon copy of you too?!! Miss y'all!!
ReplyDeleteHi! I love this! I'm so happy that Madelyn made August! They were so cute together! One of these days you will have to bundle up your little ones and bring them up for a super fun visit!
ReplyDelete